Multinational Executive / Manager Green Card And The L-1A And L-1B Work Visa

A person who is a manager or an executive of a multinational company can file directly for a green card if the U.S. branch has been in business for at least a year. There is a popular procedure whereby a foreign company opens a new subsidiary in the U.S. and sends a manager to manage the new subsidiary. Then, from 1-7 years later, the U.S. company files for a green card for this manager, as long as the foreign parent and U.S. subsidiary relationship has continued.A company in theory could file directly for a green card for its foreign overseas manager if there is an already existing U.S. subsidiary of this foreign company in the existence of over one year with certain factors or if the foreign company buys out a qualified U.S. company and establishes it as a subsidiary.

When to file between one year and the seventh year depends on the number of employees and other financial factors. An experienced attorney can help to recommend when to file.

A shortcut to this green card category called multinational executive or manager is for a foreign company to purchase anywhere between 51% and 100% of the ownership of an American company which has at least eight employees; then the newly acquired U.S. subsidiary can apply directly for a green card for the foreign manager or executive and can skip the L-1 temporary working visa.

If you are thinking to apply for the Multinational Executive or Manager Green Card Category, call (954) 961-6200 to speak with Alex Barak.


We serve Hollywood, Weston, Broward County, Fort Lauderdale,  all of Broward and Palm Beach counties, Miami, Miami Beach, Bal Harbour, Sunny Isles Beach, Aventura, Boca Raton, the State of Florida, Canadians, and world-wide.


Contact an experienced Immigration attorney, Alex T. Barak can help you today.


The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.


• Spouses

Marriages Cases

Same-Sex Marriages

Transgender marriages

For Parents

• For Children

Fiance Visas

Business - Based 
Investment - Based
Asylum - Based


© 2020 Copyright © The Law Offices of Alex T Barak, P.A. All Rights Reserved